The revisions let you track differences between multiple versions of a post.
Revision of WoW-Pro Addon from Sat, 2010-11-13 06:01
WoW-Pro is pleased to present it's brand new, custom coded addon! In the future this addon will be able to bring all of our awesome guides into the game, but for now it is only compatible with leveling guides.
The addon is designed to provide easy, streamlined questing and leveling in a completely customizable package.
You can download our addon from:
The WoW-Pro addon currently REQUIRES TomTom (download here) in order to work properly.
INTERIM USE ONLY: Our addon will now pull coordinates from Lightheaded if none are provided. All coordinates WILL be provided in the future.
Automatic detection of objective completion:
- Detect quest accept, completion and turn-in
- Detect travel (in any form)
- Detection of flight point discovery
- Detection of Hearth point change
- Conditionals based on player's class, race, completed quests, and item possession
Completely customizable frame:
- Size can be changed to display many steps or only one
- Step explanations can be displayed always or only show on hover over
- Text can be customized: font, color, and size can be changed
- Spacing and padding of the guide window can be customized.
- Border and background texture can be changed or removed
- Background color can be changed
- Titlebar displaying zone and progress can be removed
Other awesome features:
- Integrated quest tracker (can be disabled if desired)
- Integrated quest item buttons
- Easily accessed view of entire guide
- Sortable guide lists
- Automatic mapping of coordinates with TomTom
- LDB quick open/close button
- Profile management for display settings
- Supports step skipping (the guide knows the difference between a skipped step and a completed step)
Minimalist View w/ Mouse-over Notes
Sort-able Guide List
Current Version: 1.7.0
NOTE: This addon is still in a heavy development stage. It is recommended that you delete the WoWPro.lua file in your WTF folder when upgrading to the new version. However, this will result in the loss of manually checked off guide progress and display settings.
- Several guide files have been updated
- Keybindings added!
- Custom print function tells you when it’s our addon talking to you
- Serious crash issue related to quest items fixed!
- Issue related to getting quest objectives fixed
- Issue related to getting quest entries from the log fixed
- Taint issues introduced by checking party members fixed
- Addon now checks if item exists before attempting to set it as a use item.
- Unable to check off item - the step probably doesn't have a QID, which means it's a mistake in the guide file. There are sadly still a lot of these around. Try right-clicking the check box, or listing it as sticky. We'll fix these as they find them but we have to be focused more on Cataclysm guides right now. Sorry!
- Profession Quest Error: Profession-specific quests currently cause the guide to throw an error, because of the changes to the profession window. Will be fixed in the next version!
- Occasional crash/DC - the addon is causing occasional crashes and DCs. We are working to find the source of this issue - please report any occurrences of this so we can determine the problem! It may have to do with conflicting addons, so if you do experience this problem, try disabling other addons and see if that allows you to continue.
How To Help:
If you'd like to help code, update, or test guide files, head over to our How To Contribute page on gitthub!
Though this addon is now in it's release stage, it's still new. There may be bugs. The best place to report them is on github, but I will respond here as often as I can. Thanks!
Possible Future Features:
- Animation for checking off steps (a check mark appears, old quest fades out, other quests move up).
- Either integration of the arrow, or permission from TomTom's author to redistribute their addon, maintaining the author's name and the addon's original name (basically leaving the addon untouched).
- Support for area vs. patrol vs. player run path type coordinates.
- Auto-load a guide based on level
- A separate "shopping list" frame which can be opened with a button on the title bar, used for a couple things in the leveling guide but which will get the most use for profession guides.
- Improved logic/display for multi-objective steps. Not exactly sure how this would work, but perhaps have "substeps" which are displayed together, and checked off as they are completed.
Possible Future Modules:
- WoW-Pro Talents - Easy talent recommendations while leveling, for all specs. Possibly include rotation suggestions as well. For players jumping in partway through, it should be able to detect their current talent changes and adjust accordingly, or recommend a respec if the talents are too messed up. Talents should be prioritized to make sure people pick up the most vital ones. Recommendations of glyphs would also be nice.
- WoW-Pro Dungeons - Guides to dungeons. Easy access while leveling, recommended dungeons for your level and gear. Include gear lists, etc. Step by step guides, preferably with pictures, includes boss kill strategies.
- WoW-Pro Gold Making - Daily quests, gathering/farming circuits, perhaps even auctioneer advice.
- WoW-Pro Reputation - Reputation guides created using the addon.
- WoW-Pro Holiday - Holiday guides created using the addon.
- WoW-Pro Achievements - Other achievement guides.
- WoW-Pro Professions - Profession and tradeskill guides.
Possible Future Modules:
If I missed you or you think you should be included somewhere else on this list, please let me know! I'm very forgetful!
Lead Developer: Core and Leveling Module: Jiyambi
Lead Developer: Dungeon Module: Silvann