Snowflake's Bloodelf Starting Guide (1-12)
This is a guide for players who start out as Blood Elves. It will guide you from level 1 to 12. If you need guides for any other level range (or race) please check out this page. Attention: Other races can't get quests described in this guide until Aiding the Outrunners on up. The quests before that point are only available to Blood Elves but any other race wishing to use this guide can level to 5 in their own starting area then continue on with this guide from that point.
Suggestion on how to use this guide (from PraterR)
I found that playing WOW in Windowed Mode feels very comfortable while following along with this guide.
The guide will be open in an internet window.
You then Alt-Tab to your WOW game. (Log in and enter game world)
Press escape and access your Video options. Near the top there is a checkbox with "Windowed Mode" inscribed next to it.
Check the Box [x] and press okay.
You will notice that you can move and stretch your WOW window in such a way as to see the internet guide above or below it.
When you need to click the internet window and scroll down or up (depending on how you want to view it) to the next paragraph of the guide.
- Always log out in an inn
- Get bags as early as possible
- Do not waste your time searching a group for quests mentioned in this guide unless you really can't kill something
- In general, this guide does not guide you towards class quests or tradeskills
- Spend your talent points to do the most damage
- This guide can be finished in a few hours /played, should you see that you take several hours to complete one level, you are doing something wrong
- Quests that aren't mentioned have been left out intentionally
- This guide does not take into account PvP
Something that's amazingly useful is the Ace2 updater. Download and install it and the program will present you with a list of addons which all use the same library (hence they consume very few ressources). From that list you can choose addons that interest you (I downloaded Fubar quest mod, Fubar location, Cartographer, Bartender and a mod to make my UI look better) and the program will install all the addons for you. Furthermore you can run the program every time before you launch WoW and choose to update all installed modules for you.
- Quest objectives to kill
Get  Reclaiming Sunstrider Isle from Magistrix Erona (who is in front of the big gazeebo building). Go down the big stairs and you should see plenty of Mana Wyrms. Kill 8 of them.
Turn in  Reclaiming Sunstrider Isle at Magistrix Erona. Get the follow ups:
 Unfortunate Measures
Enter the big gazeebo building in front of you. Turn in 
 Solanian's Belongings
 The Shrine of Dath'Remar
Jump down to the left. Get  A Fistful of Slivers from Arcanist Ithanas. Go through the gazeebo in front of you and get  Thirst Unending from Arcanist Helion. Sell junk if needed.
Go down the big stairs. Kill any Springpaw Lynx you come across. While down there, find a Mana Wyrm and use Arcane Torrent close to it. This will complete your quest.
Kill things in this area until you have:
- 8 Lynx Collars
- 6 Arcane Silver
Turn in all the finished quests. You should ding level 3 from turning them in. Get the follow up  Report to Lanthan Perilon from Magistrix Erona. Sell junk.
Go south to (37.7, 24.9). Pick up Solanian's Journal.
You'll find Lanthan Perilon to the west at (35.4, 22.5). Turn in  Report to Lanthan Perilon and get the follow up:  Aggression.
**From now on kill every Tender and Feral Tender you find**.
Go south to (35.1, 28.9). Pick up Solanian's Scrying Orb.
Go northwest to (31.4, 22.8 ). Pick up Scroll of Scourge Magic.
Go west to (28.9, 19.5). You should get the "Shrine of Dath'Remar discovered" message. Read the tablet on the shrine.
Return to the quest givers while finishing  Aggression, then turn in all quests. You should ding level 4 from this if you aren't level 4 already.. Sell junk, repair and train your new abilities.
Go back to Lanthan Perilon and turn in  Aggression. Get the follow up  Felendren the Banished.
Go southwest to (32.7, 25.6). Go up the ramp and kill the Arcane Wraiths. Go left and clear your way. Continue straight up the ramp and kill the Tainted Arcane Wraith aswell as the Arcane Wraith. One of these mobs on your way should drop Tainted Arcane Silver. Right click it and start the quest. Go up all the way to the top and kill whatever is in your way. Until you see Felendren the Banished in the middle of a big platform.
Personally, I first pulled the two Tainted Arcane Wraiths (can single pull them) and then I pulled Felendren. He is a shadow priest and casts mind flay so Arcane Torrent might help. I was level 5 when I arrived at his platform so the fight was particularly easy but you shouldn't have any problems killing him. Loot his head.
Once done, use your hearthstone. Turn in  Tainted Arcane Sliver at Arcanist Helion and sell junk. You should be level 5 by now.
Return to Lanthan Perilon and turn in  Felendren the Banished. Get the follow up  Aiding the Outrunners. Go south east over the bridge towards the Ruins of Silvermoon. At (40,32) you should find Outrunner Alarion. Turn in  Aiding the Outrunners and get the follow up  Slain by the Wretched. Continue southeast towards the Ruins of Silvermoon. At (42,35) you should find Slain Outrunner. Turn in  Slain by the Wretched and get the follow up. Go back to Outrunner Alarion, turn in the quest and get the follow up. Now follow the main road southeast until you reach Falconwing Square.
Turn in  Completing the Delivery at the innkeeper.
Bind at the inn, train first aid and/or cooking (on top floor of the inn) if you want. Sell junk, restock arrows and food and buy bags if you can (General Goods Vendor is inside the inn).
Get the following quests:
 Major Malfunction
 Unstable Mana Crystals
 Wanted: Thaelis the Hungerer from the wanted poster.
Now go back to the main road which led you here, however instead of following it, jump off to the right side. Go to (45,37) and kill every Arcane Patroller on your way. Also loot every Unstable Mana Crystal Crate you find.
When you arrive at the location you should see a big run down building. It's called Commons Hall. Inside it you'll find Thaelis the Hungerer. Be careful to pull all the Wretched Urchins around him first before attacking Thaelis. Loot his head and make your way back towards Falconwing Square. Be sure to loot 6 Unstable Mana Crystals and 6 Arcane Cores (from the Arcane Patrollers) on your way. You should have dinged level 6 by now.
At Falconwing Square turn in all your finished quests and get all follow ups. Train, repair and sell junk.
1. Exit Falconwing Square to the south. Go to (44,53) where you'll find the North Sanctum. Turn in  Delivery to the North Sanctum and get the follow up.
2. Go west to (36, 57). Turn in  Malfunction at the West Sanctum at Ley-Keeper Velania and get the follow up.
3. Kill 5 Mana Wraiths and Mana Stalkers around the West Sanctum. At the same time look for Darnassian Scout who lurks around at (36, 61). Kill him and loot Incriminating Documents from him. Right click the item to start a quest.
Once done, turn in  Arcane Instability and  Darnassian Intrusions at Ley-Keeper Velania. This should make you ding 7.
4. Go behind the sanctum to (29,58). There you should find Hathvelion Sungaze. Get his quest.
5. Jump down the cliff and kill murlocs close-by until you've got 8 heads. While you kill murlocs it might be that you find Captain Kelisendra's Lost Rutters. Right click it for a quest (we'll turn that one in later). Go back to Sungaze and turn in the quest, get the follow up.
Hearthstone back to Falconwing Square. (Or walk if HS isn't up) Turn in  Incriminating Documents at Aeldon Sunbrand and get the follow up.
1. Go back to the North Sanctum. Be sure to be full health and buffed before you talk to Prospector Anvilward. Once you speak to him, follow his dialogue. He'll take you inside the building where he'll become attackable. Even though you can kill him at that point, he won't attack you right away. So if you are a hunter for example (at level 7 this might be difficult) take good distance and shoot him with your bow first. Loot his head.
NOTE: At the end of this section I'm adding an optional quest circuit. Don't bother doing it if your goal is to level asap (the quest path involves a lot of running around). However if you care for some additional faction/exp/gold, skip the rest of this note, continue right away with paragraph 2 and follow the steps marked as "optional".
For those who DON'T do the additional quests: just go back to Falconwing Square now, turn in  The Dwarven Spy and get the follow up  Fairbreeze Village (train and sell junk). From there head south towards the Fairbreeze Village, continue with steps 2 & 3 and skip the paragraphs marked as "optional".
2. At (45,56) you should see Apprentice Ralen, get his quest.
3. Further south at (44,60) you should find Apprentice Meledor. Turn in  Roadside Ambush. Get the follow up. Dive under the bridge just in front of you. There should be a book under water looking like this:
Loot it and return to Apprentice Meledor. Turn in the quest and don't get the follow up UNLESS you want to do the optional part. If you don't want to do it, continue straight to Fairbreeze Village (*) and skip the following two paragraphs.
OPTIONAL: Go to (55, 54) and turn in  Taking the Fall at Instructor Antheol (O-1), get the follow up. Now go to (50,50) where you should see Ranger Jaela (O-2). Accept her quest. Now return to both apprentices (Ralen and Meledor) target them and right-click the rod from your inventory that Anetheol gave you.
OPTIONAL: Go back to Instructor Anetheol, however on the way through the Dead Scar kill 8 Plaguebone Pillagers. Turn in  Swift Discipline and go back to Ranger Saela. Turn in.
Return to Falconwing Square, turn in  The Dwarven Spy and get the follow up  Fairbreeze Village. Train and sell junk. Then go south to the Fairbreeze Village (*).
Set Fairbreeze Village as your new home point.
Turn in  Fairbreeze Village at Ranger Degolien and get the follow up. Get the following quests:
-  Pelt Collection
-  Situation at Sunsail Anchorage
-  Ranger Sareyn
-  The Wayward Apprentice
-  Saltheril's Haven
-  The Scorched Grove
Turn in  Ranger Sareyn just up the hill southeast, next to the ballistas. Get the follow up.
**From now on kill every Springpaw Stalker or Elder Springpaw on your way**
1. First go southwest to (38,73) where you should be able to hand in  Saltheril's Haven. Get the follow up  The Party Never Ends. Go north to (36,66) where you'll find a camp of NPCs. Get both quests there. Also turn in  Captain Kelisendra's Lost Rutters if you got the item earlier. Now follow the green line marked on the map.
2. First stop at the big white gazeebo and run circles around it while killing Wretched Thugs and Wretched Hooligans and looting Weapon Containers.
3. Continue to the murlocs and kill them until you have 6 Captain Kelisendra's Cargo. (You can loot those as well from barrels close to the murlocs)
Watch out for Mmmrrrggglll (named murloc), who roams along the beach. Kill him and loot his head. While killing murlocs it might happen that you get Captain Kelisendra's Lost Rutters. If you get it, loot it and right click it for an extra quest.
4. At Hathvelion Sungaze (30,58), turn in  The Ring of Mmmrrrggglll. Go south east and swim over the sea to (36,66). Turn in all your quests. This should make you ding level 9 if you didn't already ding.
Get the follow up from Velendris Whitemorn:  Wretched Ringleader.
5. Go back to the big white tower-like building and fight your way up. At the top you'll find Aldaron the Reckless with two guards. If you are careful you can probably pull the guards solo before you kill Aldras. If you don't manage you'll have to fight him + a guard. Once done, loot his head, jump down the building and run back to Velendris Whitemorn. Turn the quest in and go back to Fairbreeze Village while killing the rest of the Springpaw Stalker you might still need.
Turn in  Situation at Sunsail Anchorage and get the follow up Farstrider Retreat.
Turn in  Pelt Collection.
Sell junk. Also while here, talk to the vendor outside the inn and get Bundle of Fireworks.
1. Follow the road southeast until you hit the Dead Scar and you should see Darkwraiths. Kill 4 of them while going north and also killing 4 Rotlimb Marauders.
2. Once you arrive at the East Sanctum go to (54,71). There you should find Apprentice Mirvenda. Turn in  The Wayward Apprentice and get the follow up.
3. Collect 8 Tainted Soil Samples and turn the quest in at Apprentice Mirvenda.
4. Get to full HP/Mana and take the follow up. Protect Mivenda from the Scourge Attack. Three level 8/7 mobs wills spawn and attack her. Kill them one by one as fast as possible. Mirvenda can tank a little but don't leave the mobs on her too long. Once they are dead, turn in the quest and get the follow up  Research Notes.
You should be level 10.
5. Go northeast to Farstrider Retreat (60,62).
Turn in  Farstrider Retreat and get the following quests:
-  Amani Encroachment
-  The Magister's Apprentice
-  The Spearcrafter's Hammer
Also talk to the lady near the bonfire in the middleroom and pick up Springpaw Appetizers.
6. Go northeast to (67,56) where you should find Apprentice Loralthalis.
Turn in  The Magister's Apprentice and get:
 Deactivating the Spire
 Where's Wyllithen?
7. Now fight your way north to (68,47) where you should find Groundskeeper Wyllithen. Turn in  Where's Wyllithen? and get the follow up  Cleaning up the Grounds.
8. Now fight your way from Groundkeeper Wyllithen, to Silvermoon. Enter Silvermoon, train/buy food/visit AH/etc. Either once you are done with that or on your way, go to murder row and search for the innkeeper there. Next to him you should find Vinemaster Suntouched, get Suntouched Special Reserve from him. Also while you are here, don't forget to grab your class quest from you class trainer (instructions for class quests won't be included, you'll have to do them on your own).
Once you are done, exit Silvermoon and go back to Wyllithen while making sure to have killed 6 Mana Serpents and Ether Fiends. Turn in  Cleaning up the Grounds.
9. Now go to (68,52) and use the orb of translocation. Fight your way to the floating green crystal in front of you and click to deactivate it.
Go to the next floor, clear everything and deactivate the second crystal. On the second floor you'll also find Magister Duskwither's Journal. Loot and right click to start the quest  Abandoned Investigations. Go to the next floor. Clear everything and deactivate the last crystal. Then right click the orb of translocation.
10. Fight your way back to Apprentice Loralthanis and turn in  Deactivating the Spire, take the follow up.
Go back to Farstrider Retreat. Go to Magister Duskwither and turn in:
 Word from the Spire
 Abandoned Investigations
Sell junk etc.
You should be level 11 by now.
1. Go to Tor Watha. Kill every Amani Axethrower and Berserker on your way. Go to (70,72) where you should find Ven'Jashi, get his quest.
2. Search and kill Spearcrafter Otembe (he should be close-by). Loot his hammer.
3. Go to (61,80) where you should see a big troll house. Fight your way to the second floor and kill Chieftain Zul'Marosh. Loot his head and the invasion plans. Right click the invasion plans for a quest. Go back to Ven'Jashi. Turn in  Zul'Marosh. Make sure you killed 5 Amani Berserkers and 5 Amani Axe Throwers.
Go back to Farstrider Retreat, turn in all quests. Get the follow up  Warning Fairbreeze Village which you can turn in right after Hearthstoning to Fairbreeze Village.
From the Fairbreeze Village go southwest to Saltheril's Haven (38,73) and turn in  The Party Never Ends.
If you are not level 12 yet, here's one more circuit.
Go to (34,80) and turn in  The Scorched Grove at Larianna Riverwind. Take the follow up:  A Somber Task. Now while searching for Old Whitebark around (34,84) kill 10 Withered Green Keepers. Once you kill Old Whitebark, loot his pendant and right click it for a quest. Turn in both quests at Larianna Riverwind. Get the follow up. Go to the big bluish runestone in the Scorched Grove (37,86). Right click the Old Whitebark's Pendant from your inventory there. Fight the Whitebark's Spirit that spawns and turn in  Whitebarks Memory.
You should be level 12 now. Congratulations
This is the end of my guide, you can continue with this guide now. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave feedback!