Bitsem's Durotar Guide 5-12
Journey Through Durotar
This guide is a work in progress. Please leave comments for needed improvements, especially after Cataclysm goes live. Thank you!
I also have to give a huge THANK YOU to kayeich for his editing prowess and the rockin' maps! In the words of our fair Jiyambi "That was simply epic of you to do!"
- Quest objectives to kill
These guides are also available in addon form here! They are amazing!Try them out!
Level 5 and 6
1. If you followed Troll Starting Zone (1-5), you should have the quest Sen'jin Village. Run and turn in the quest to Master Gadrin in Sen'jin Village (56.02,74.71). Accept the quest Breaking the Chain from him.
Accept Cleaning Up the Coastline from Bom'bay. (55.77,75.3)
Get the Sen'jin Village flightpath at Handler Marnlek. (55.40,73.40)
Around (51,81) you should see Northwatch Lugs carrying Northwatch Supply Crates. Destroy 3 of the Crates and kill 10 of the Lugs. If you still need Mucus, finish killing Surf Crawlers on your way back to the village.
3. Turn in your quests and accept the following:
- Never Trust a Big Barb and a Smile from Bom'bay. (55.72,75.39)
- Purge the Valley from Master Gadrin. (55.95,74.80)
- The War of Northwatch Aggression from Lar Prowltusk. (55.46,75.04)
You should be around level 6 by this point.
You're going to destroy the three sets of Attack Plans in Northwatch Foothold (they look like scrolls.). The first one is located at (47.9,77.6). Follow the canyon to (46.41,78.86) for the second. Finally go back toward the entrance to (49.7,81.6) for the third.
When you have these three quests completed, head back to Sen'Jin Village and turn them in.
You should be around level 7 by this point.
Accept Riding On from Master Gadrin and train your new skills if necessary.
2. Accept the following quests:
- From Bad to Worse from Gar'Thok.
- Exploiting the Situation from Gail Nozzywig.(53.05,43.12)
- Meats to Orgrimmar from Grimtak. (50.76,42.78)
Repair and Restock if necessary.
Do any training, auctioning, etc. you need to do and head back up the lift.
1. You should now be back in Razor Hill.
Lieutenant Palliter who is on the top floor of the big building in Tiragarde Keep. (59.5,58.2)
3. Run back to Razor Hill and turn in your quests. Accept the following:
- Storming the Beaches from Gar'Thok. (51.89,43.52)
- Shipwreck Searching from Gail Nozzywig. (53.06,43.12)
You should be around level 8 by this point.
1. When you finish these quests, turn them in back at Razor Hill. Accept the following:
2. Exit Razor Hill from the east, and follow the canyon's eastern ridge to Dustwind Cave (51.85,26.27). Kill members of the Burning Blade until you have 6 Burning Blade Spellscrolls.
We're headed on a longer circuit, so repair, restock, train, etc.
4. Head to the top of the Guard Tower Northwest of town (49.58,40.16) and turn in Thonk to, well, Thonk. Accept Lost in the Floods from him. Use Thonk's Spyglass four times to search for survivors. Then turn it in to Thonk.
*The next circuit requires a lot of running (time), but some cool storyline and good rewards, including an eight slot bag. I don't recommend it, but skip it if you wish and jump ahead to accepting The Dranosh'ar Blockade
You should be around level 9 by this point.
1. Accept Watershed Patrol from Thonk and head out to help the flood victims.
Kill four Razormane Quilboar and four Razormane Souts, then turn in back at Raggaran. Accept Raggaran's Fury and go kill five each of Razormane Dustrunners and Battleguards. Turn in at Raggaran yet again.
You should be around level 10 by this point.
END OF OPTIONAL CIRCUIT
1. *Accept |The Dranosh'ar Blockade from Orgnil Soulscar and head North out of Town toward Orgrimmar.
2. On the West side of the road, you will run into Rezlak (46.36,22.99). Accept:
4. Return to Rezlak and turn in your two quests.
1. Go back out the South gate and turn in The Dranosh'ar Blockade to Gor the Enforcer. (44.97,14.74) Accept the following quests:
- Fizzled from Gor the Enforcer. (44.97,14.74)
- Thunder Down Under from Gor the Enforcer. (44.97,14.74)
- The Wolf and The Kodo from Shin Stonepillar. (44.94,14.78)
3. Now South and East to Thunder Ridge. (40.71,30.06) Take a dive into the lake and find a Thunder Lizard on the bottom. Activate eight of them while avoiding their shock waves.
4. Go to (42.11,26.69) and dive again to Fizzle. Loot the Orb from him.
You should be around level 11 by this point.
1. Now either Hearth or run back to Gor the Enforcer outside of Orgrimmar (44.98,14.76) to turn in your quests. Accept Margoz. Also accept Beyond Durotar if you plan on going to Azshara as your next zone instead of Northern Barrens.
2.Margoz is to the East (56.39,20.17). Turn in your quest. Accept the following:
Speak to each of the NPC's and challenge them to combat. After defeating all three, turn in quests to Spiketooth.
You should be around level 12 by this point.
4. Head North to Skull Rock (53.42,10.20) and kill cultists until you have 6 Searing Collars.
5. Run back to Margoz and turn in Skull Rock. (56.41,20.05) Accept Neeru Fireblade there.